Thursday, September 20, 2018

Dragon Questapalooza!

Dragon Questapalooza!

After playing through a bit of Dragon Quest XI and earned four trophies(three story and one miscellaneous), I decided to start over but with a twist. Before I can earn the platinum of this game I have to challenge myself to master all of the Dragon Quest games that it descended from. Dragon Quest is my favorite JRPG series and I want to show my loyalty by mastering every game that led up to Echoes of an Elusive Age., so before I start playing Dragon Quest XI from the beginning, here are my goals(which I will try to capture and post here). (Note that some of these will be captured from emulators as locating the devices and cartridges is a very tough task. I don't condone emulation except for personal entertainment.)
  • Dragon Warrior I & II (Gameboy Color): Defeat the final boss and be equipped with the best equipment and be at a really high level.
  • Dragon Warrior III (Gameboy Color): Defeat the GrandDragon and earn all gold monster medals in the game.
  • Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - Defeat the post-game final boss with the secret character on my team.
  • Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - Defeat the post-game secret boss with only one human character
  • Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation - Defeat the secret post-game boss with all levels maxed and equipment to ultimate form using one monster
  • Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of a Forgotten Age - Recruit the secret Haven member and get the secret post-game characters
  • Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS) - Recruit both new characters and use them to clear the Dragovanian trials fully.
  • Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - Obtain a full set of unique Legacy Gear for all four of my characters
I know this will mean I won't get the platinum for Dragon Quest XI until 2019, but that's okay as I plan on it being my 100th platinum!

No comments:

Post a Comment