Sunday, September 30, 2018

Dragon Questapalooza: Zenithian Trilogy

With Dragon Warrior 1-3 done, it was time to tackle the NDS remakes of Dragon Quest 4-6:

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen


Completed the main story in one day, it was rather fast thanks to a Pro Action Replay code that makes every hit you do a critical strike, meaning you're doubling your damage, so I didn't need Borya (Brey for those who played Dragon WARRIOR IV ^_^) for his Twinhits spell, which means I had both of the healers(Kiryl/Cristo & Meena/Nara) to keep Alena and C.J. the female hero topped off while they were doing over 300 damage to Psaro the Manslayer. Sadly, I burned all of my Yggy leaves in his third phase(Estark with only the head) because he kept spamming Whack, aka Beat, and Kiryl, my better healer, seems to be weak to it. :(



Dragon Warrior IV was my first ever RPG experience back on the old 8-bit NES and while it was boneeeeee (censored) hard, it was fun to play. I admit the random encounter rate and failure to escape from hard encounters was a bone to pick, but back then you didn't have save states. :p

Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride


Grandmaster Nimzo took very little time to kill but he did a lot of damage. As you see, my goal was to use a slime in my final party, and King Cureslime(which I didn't get until near the end) was able to dish out a lot of damage and use Omniheal and Insulatle when needed. Nimzo bit the dust a few days after Psaro, dying on October 4, 2018, just before noon. :)


Boy, was this a journey. Oh, and I chose Nera as the bride because I am a sucker for blue hair. Oomph negated the critical code cheat code so it was pretty useless, but the son's Kabuff was still helpful and the daughter was a mock healer when I got the sage's stone and her Kaboom helped with the damage.

(I also used a code that drained all enemy's MP to zero, so they couldn't use magic. That didn't stop Nimzo from using breath attacks and doing his own critical hits but my party was buff enough to tank all of the attacks.)


Final stats, and final party: The advance troops were my main character(CJ), the King Cureslime(who doesn't have a high level cap but has tons of HP to make up for it), and my hero's kids(as you can see, I named them as they are because I really love World of Final Fantasy ^_^). The reserves were a Slime Knight, my old Sabercat buddy, a Healslime, and a Golem. They never saw action. :p

Dragon  Quest VI: Realms of Revelation


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's a wrap! Mortamor was slain at 10:30 PM on October 5, 2018 by my hand. I admit to heavy cheating but he wasn't too tough. My main character and Ashlynn were both mastered Hero classes (and they mastered every class in the game save the two monster classes) and the other characters were Lizzie and Mercury(who I got by hacking the ROM to have a full Dreamcard list of junk Dreamcards, I wanted that gospel ring to make the trek back to the main bady guy a lot easier). So that end the Zenithian trilogy! Three more game to go, folks and then it's time to platinum Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment