Thursday, September 20, 2018

Dragon Questapalooza Progress: The Loto Legacy

This post will detail all of the successes I have toward the Road to Dragon Quest XI, aka my Dragon Questapalooza. You can find the description in my last post.

Successes:
Dragon Quest I (Gameboy Color remake)
Sept. 20: Got to max level(the MP is doctored in the screenshot because I used a Game Shark code to have infinite MP) and defeated the Dragonlord(called the DracoLord in the remake).


I save-scummed a lot of Metalys to get to max level before I tackled the MadKnight guarding thje Loto Armor. After that, it was rather easy to get to Charlock and take down the big lizard. :)


Sept. 21: Got to max level in Dragon Warrior II and beat Hargon and Sidoh/Malroth. What the heck is with those levels, Prince? :(


Oh well, you're dead too. :p


On Dragon Warrior III (GBC), I have been farming for gold monster medals in hopes of getting all 165 before fighting Grand Dragon. That will probably be impossible as, even though I use save states to manipulate drops, medals drop VERY rarely. 90% of the time I don't get anything dropped, which means a lot of mashing to reload my save state right after the battle ends and awards the experience.


Shoot for the moon fall into the muck. That's what this was, a lot of muck. I have since decided to scale back my Dragon Quest journey. Oh, I intend to get all these damn gold medals if it's my last dying wish! But I am not going to stay on this game forever, so here is my new policy:

Once I beat the game's secret dungeon once, I will move to the next game.

This means I beat the main story boss, then trudge through the first secret dungeon(or just the regular one if there is only one) and fight the super-boss at the end. Then I switch to the next game.

Scratch that, I just want to get to the end of the main story and leave all post-game stuff to maybe a later date. I abandoned the metal hunting after I realized how long it would take. I don't want this journey to take forever. I may try to go for the secret bosses in IX, VII, and VIII but I probably won't. I want to just get through the games and enjoy the stories. So therefore...

Dragon Warrior III:

Zoma is destroyed at 12:30 PM, September 29, 2018


Final Stats for my party:
  • C.J.: The hero (female)
  • Kate(changed her name from Xixa): A priest who class-changed into warrior at Level 30.
  • Jen: A dealer who class-changed into a Sage(with the Zen Book) at Level 20.
  • Sara(changed her name from Ante): A jester who class-changed into sage at Level 20
Next post: The Zenithian triology! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment